- together with the tutor you will choose the most beautiful phrases written by great authors of the past and contemporaries
- you will experience the quality of handmade natural fiber cotton paper, with a neutral pH for timeless quality, and you will experience the awakening of the five senses: smell, touch, sight, aesthetic taste, hearing
- you will know some secrets of the amanuensis technique applied by calligraphers and illuminators of the '200 in Gubbio
- you will use brushes and pigments to color the chosen phrase
- you will learn the art of gilding with the gold leaf mission technique
- finally the final work will be evaluated and appreciated together with the tutor and you will bring home a unique realization and an unforgettable emotion.
I am Anna, a journalist with a passion for writing who, living in the beautiful medieval city of Gubbio with millenary artisan traditions, decided to lead the 'Arte Libro unaluna' association.
Gubbio, "the most beautiful medieval city", just look at it to be fascinated. To the modern visitor as to the ancient traveler, he shows himself in his seductive and haughty beauty. Many writers of the past and contemporary artists have left admirable pages on his architecture, visions from above and on the splendid breathtaking views.
With the project ‘Parco Letterario Diffuso’, you can experience the emotion of these words, transcribing them and decorating them on precious cotton fiber paper for a timeless quality.
"And for that day the wonder was all" Hermann Hesse,
"Gubbio is another Umbria: and Umbria, the most extraordinary city" Guido Piovene,
"It would be divine for a lover to kidnap a young woman, in a night of great wind, in Gubbio" André Suarèz.
The workshop will take place on Saturday and Sunday between 10 and 13 and between 15 and 17.
A 2-hour lunch break is provided.
Lunch not included in the price.