This tour will take you to Pisa to see the Piazza dei Miracoli, with its famous Leaning Tower, before moving onto Florence for a walking tour that will take in the main sights - including the Santa Maria Del Fiore Cathedral, Giotto's Bell Tower and the Piazza della Repubblica. You'll then be able to enjoy some free time in the birthplace of the Renaissance before heading back to the port.
The drive from the cruise port to Pisa takes about 45 minutes. Your dedicated guide will give you running commentary throughout the journey and will stay with you throughout the day, except during your free time in Pisa and Florence.
At Pisa you'll get approximately 45-60 minutes to experience the attractions of the Piazza dei Miracoli (Miracle Square), including the famous Leaning Tower of Pisa, the Pisa Cathedral, the Pisa Baptistery and the Camposanto Monumentale (Monumental Cemetery).
The coach will then transport you through the beautiful Tuscan countryside to Florence, birthplace of the Renaissance - a journey of approximately one and-a-half hours. On arrival, you'll be taken on a short walk, passing the Accademia Gallery on to the Duomo Square to set the meeting point. From here, you will embark upon a walking tour of the historical centre of Florence, starting from the Santa Maria Del Fiore Cathedral to the Baptistery, Giotto's Bell Tower and Brunelleschi's Dome. You will pass the Piazza della Repubblica, the Orsanmichele Church, the Piazza della Signoria (Palazzo Vecchio), and the Uffizi Gallery , ending with a view over the Arno river and Ponte Vecchio.
You'll then have free time to explore the narrow streets full of shops, café bars and trattorias – or to simply relax and admire the beautiful views across the river.
After some free time to dine, shop or simply relax, your transportation will return you to Livorno port in plenty of time to rejoin your cruise ship.
All of Florence's museums are closed on Mondays throughout the year.
• Pick-up from the port of Livorno
• Journey to Pisa (approximately 45 minutes)
• Drop off at the Pisa parking area for a 15-minute walk to the Square of Miracles
• Free Time in Pisa for shopping and walking around the square (approximately 45 minutes)
• Meet tour guide for departure from Pisa to Florence (1 hour 45 minutes)
• Arrive in Florence, with a short walk
• Walking tour of the historical centre starting from Santa Maria Del Fiore Cathedral
• Free time after the walking tour with a typical Tuscan Lunch option (Lunch is not included within the tour price and please ask your guide for recommendation)
• Meet tour guide and take the 20-minute walk towards the Santa Maria Novella Station
• Return to Livorno Port