Food is an alternative and delicious way to learn about a country’s culture and history, especially Italy’s. Join us in our home for an immersive and engaging cooking lesson where you will learn how to prepare pasta from scratch and a classic Italian dessert, tiramisù ... More info ›
Food is an alternative and delicious way to learn about a country’s culture and history, especially Italy’s. Join us in our home for an immersive and engaging cooking lesson where you will learn how to prepare pasta from scratch and a classic Italian dessert, tiramisù. Other dessert options are also available if you'd like alternatives.
You’ll also hear about the origins of each dish and personal tips for cooking authentic Italian cuisine. Your hard work will be rewarded when you sit down to your very own home-cooked meal (appetizer, first course and dessert) with a good bottle of wine. Buon appetito!
The recipes will be sent to you after the class via email, so you can try them on your own back at home.
The timings stated are rough guides.
Please pick 1 Homemade pasta with a choice of 1 of the following sauces and 1 preferred dessert:
1) all'amatriciana: pork belly, pecorino (sheep milk cheese), tomatoes, bell pepper
2) al ragu - minced meat (pork and beef), red wine, tomato sauce
3) alla carbonara - guanciale (pork cheek), eggs, pecorino/parmigiano
4) al datterini confit e pancetta - cherry tomato confit and pork belly
5) alla buttera - tomato sauce, olives, Italian sausage
6) *Autumnal special: alla crema di zucca e salsiccia - pumpkin cream and Italian sausage
7) *Autumnal special: alle castagne, speck/pancetta e funghi - chestnuts, pork belly/cured pork and mushrooms
8) ai fagioli - beans and pork belly in tomato sauce (vegetarian option available)
1) crema di peperone e ricotta - bell pepper and ricotta cream
2) alla sorrentina - tomato sauce, mozzarella, basil
3) alla norma - eggplant, seasoned ricotta, basil, tomato sauce
4) al pesto - basil, pine nuts, pecorino (sheep milk cheese), garlic
5) ai funghi porcini - porcini mushrooms, white wine, cream
6) al gorgonzola e noci - blue cheese and walnut sauce (nut-free version available on request)
7) alla crema di zucchine - zucchini and cheese cream
8) *Autumnal special: alla crema di zucca - pumpkin and cheese cream
9) *Autumnal special: alle castagne e porri - chestnut and leek sauce
1) Tiramisù classico: -Traditional recipe with pasteurized eggs, savoiardi, mascarpone, coffee, cocoa
2) Dolce tricolore - layered chilled dessert with crushed amaretti aromatized with pistachio liquor, topped with sweetened ricotta, seasonal fruit compote
3) Limonisu - lemon tiramisu with eggs, savoiardi, limoncello (lemon liquor), lemon-mascarpone cream
4) Dolce ai fichi - no-bake, chilled dessert containing crushed amaretti cookies, whipped and lightly sweetened ricotta, figs caramelised with balsamic vinegar
5) Torta "Black Magic" - olive oil, red wine and dark chocolate baked dessert. Tastes like a dream, between a cake and a mousse.
6) Fantasia di Caffe - chilled layered dessert containing crushed amaretti cookies, coffee and ricotta cream, topped with dark chocolate and olive oil sauce (eggless)
7) Dolce ai fichi - chilled, layered dessert of savoiardi base, topped with sweetened ricotta cream and garnished with figs caramelised with balsamic vinegar
8) *Autumnal special: Castagnaccio con ricotta e limone - baked, dense, moist chestnut flour cake with a lemon-ricotta base
Please let us know in advance if you have any special requests as well as any dietary specifications we should know about!